AnyConnect is a VPN client that we use to connect to GSA’s intranet.
- Download AnyConnect and launch the installer.
- Follow the prompts to install the VPN client. Deselect the other components or else the installation may fail. Your install screen should look like this:
- Make sure you are not connected to a GSA network, otherwise the connection will fail.
- Launch the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.
vpn.gsa.gov/gfeotpin the Site Name field.
- Click Connect.
- In the
GSA 18F OTP Users.
- Sign in with your ENT username and password. Your username is your full name, including your middle initial.
- You’ll be prompted for an answer or token. Enter the OTP code.
If your VPN client hangs while trying to authorize your credentials, delete the
/opt/cisco/anyconnect/profile/gsa_cp-gfe.xml file on your system.
If you’re still having trouble, try these recommendations from @moncef:
- Open the Terminal.
cd /optand press Return.
sudo rm -rf ciscoand press Return.
- Search the Finder for
cisco(including system files) and delete the files.
- Restart your computer.
- Reinstall AnyConnect without any add-ons.
If you get the “a newer version of Cisco AnyConnect was already installed” error when tring to reinstall, tell macOS to forget the package:
sudo pkgutil --forget com.cisco.pkg.anyconnect.vpn