We use Gmail for email.
mailto:links in Chrome:
- Navigate to your inbox, https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox
- Click on the interlocking diamonds icon on the right in your address bar
- In the dialog, Allow mail.google.com to open all email links
- Then click Done, as show below:
- You can read more about Chrome’s protocol handlers at The Complete Guide to Google Chrome Handlers
If you go by a different name, create an alias. You can create an alias to have a different email address if you go by something other than your legal name. Go to the GSA Service Now self-service page and submit a “GSA Generic Request” (Home > Make a request > Other requests > GSA Generic Request) asking for the email alias that you want.
Create filters. You can create filters to manage the influx of automatic emails you’ll be receiving (like Region X Communications). You can select “add a label” and automatically “archive” or put messages into different folders.
You can set your photo for your Google profile in Gmail settings.