This section provides a brief overview of the types of hiring actions along with any related process information.
If you’d like to see a list of all the open hiring actions across TTS, please visit the TTSJobs handbook page
Types of hiring actions at TTS
Competitive (Career) and Excepted Service hiring actions via the Merit Promotion Process
For more information on hiring via the Competitive Service (Career) Merit Promotion Process or the Excepted Service version of the Merit Promotion Process, please visit the Promotions page of the handbook.
TTS internal competitions and developmental opportunities
The following explains the process for initiating TTS internal competitions (e.g. directors, supervisors) and developmental opportunities (e.g. details, leads).
For detailed information specific to initiating an internal or external detail, please review the details page of the handbook.
- There must be a vacant Position Number available for your team (or PN that will soon become vacant - if this is replacing a current employee in the position being advertised)
- If you do not know how many vacancies your team has, please reach out to the Finance team
- It must be prioritized by the Director of your office
The hiring action owner is responsible for developing job materials and interacting with applicants (employees). Talent will assist with the following:
- Reviewing the job announcement
- Posting the announcement
- Submitting the PAR action to HR
Internal Hiring Actions - Best Practices & Recommendations
- When conducting interviews, you may want to consider building a short hiring guide to help ensure that you are covering all of the areas necessary for the role and also to ensure a consistent candidate experience.
- When selecting an internal candidate you will need to have a discussion with their current supervisor regarding the following:
- If they will allow their employee to leave the team (they are not obligated to say yes)
- If yes, what will the release date be (note that the effective date must fall on a payroll period)
- Be aware that the candidate may be on a project and have to finish out/reassign their work so may not be able to start on your team as soon as you’d like. It is up to their current supervisor when they are willing to let them move to your team.
- Before moving forward with a selection, Talent recommends conducting internal reference checks. Feel free to refer to this template for guidance.
Use the following templates to prepare the posting (make sure to make a copy of each template):
Once the TTSJobs Announcement is ready, Talent will:
- Review the job announcement: email email@example.com and a team member will review
- Add it to #tts-jobs on Slack informing everyone of the new opportunity
- Post it to TTSJobs Listings
In addition to the information within the templates, the hiring manager will need to manage the following:
- Developing the interview process
- Scheduling interviews
- Making a selection
- Letting the Talent Team know who was selected for the position
The hiring team is responsible for confirming that applicants meet the qualifications outlined in the posting (i.e. GS level, required experience). For HR to move forward with a selection, the applicant must meet the following qualifications:
- been on their current PD for at least 90 days
- must hold the same grade level as the PD or have at least one year of specialized experience at the next grade below
- if applicant is at the grade below, they will need to provide an updated resume and HR will need to qualify them. This means Supervisors should NOT announce who they have selected until HR approves the selection
- If the role being advertised is a detail and does not have a PD associated with it, then any GS level can apply, unless the HM specifies which GS levels they are accepting.
When the team has determined who they would like to place in the role, they must:
- First confirm with the employee’s supervisor that they are OK with this employee moving to their team
- Forward the supervisor’s approval to Talent at this email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Talent will need to submit a Reassignment PAR to HR.
It is the responsibility of the HM provide applications with the applicable feedback, whether that is letting the applicant know they are moving forward in the process, that they have been selected or that they have been rejected (including providing feedback why if applicable). Talent will not notify nor offer feedback to applicants.
If you are advertising a detail: the action can only be submitted for a time period of no more than 120 days. The detail can then be extended for another 120 days If the HM and the employee’s supervisor agree to extend.
Excepted Service or Competitive Service Hiring Actions filled via open and public competition
These actions are the most common type of actions across TTS. Information about the process related to these actions can be found in the guide to the Talent Acquisition Work System
TTS Hiring - Prioritization process
For an overview of the way in which hiring actions are collected, prioritized and managed read our TTS Hiring - Prioritization Process