Managed Software Center
You can think of Managed Software Center as 18F’s internal App Store.
This software requires a restart after installation, so be sure to save all of your work before you begin.
- Download and install the latest Munki release.
- Open the
- You you may receive an
untrusted developerwarning. That’s okay. In the Apple menu, navigate to System Preferences > Security > Privacy > General.
- Near the bottom of the window, you’ll see
munkitools-2.4...pkgwas blocked from opening. Click Open Anyway and continue the installation.
- Restart your computer.
- Open the Terminal.
- Copy the text below, paste it into the Terminal window, and press Return:
curl https://munki.18f.gov/munki.sh | sudo sh
- Enter your password to install some system preferences.
- Press Command-Q to quit Terminal and click Close to confirm.
- Open Managed Software Center. Upon first launch, you’ll see ClamXav attempting to download to your system.
- Click Update to continue.
- After the initial setup, Managed Software Center will check your system daily for updates, and occasionally offer optional software approved by #infrastructure. If there’s a required security update or serious vulnerabilty with any of our software, Managed Software Center will either patch or remove the software automatically.
- You can launch Managed Software Center any time to check for updates or available downloads.
- You can request to add software titles to the 18F Managed Software Center. Message Kimber Dowsett with requests.
- You can browse software by title or category. There’s not a lot on the server right now, but with your input and feedback, expect to see it look more like the App Store over the next few months.