Teleworking and moving
Full-time Telework Arrangements are required for TTS employees who do not work at least 2 days a pay period in one of the TTS Offices (DC, Chicago, NYC, or San Francisco) or, in rare cases, an approved GSA office. The instructions below will help guide you through determining if/when you need a full-time telework arrangement (FTTA), how to fill out the analysis tool and get the necessary signatures, and then how to submit it in HR Links for Supervisor approval.
Full-time telework arrangements will need to be re-submitted in HR Links annually for approval and will need to be updated to account for any significant changes
What you need to do based on where you’re moving
If you need to move or submit a new full-time telework arrangement, follow the guidance for your situation:
- A full-time telework employee who is moving to a new full-time telework location
- A full-time telework employee who is moving to one of our offices (DC, CHI, NYC or SFO)
- An office employee who is moving to a full-time telework location
- An office employee who is moving to a different office
- An office employee whose home address is changing but not their work location
Please note that full approval can take a significant period of time and is not guaranteed, so we highly recommend that you don’t finalize plans to move until receiving full approval.
A Full-time Telework Arrangement is needed
- For new hires that will work from a telework duty station, i.e. not working from one of our offices (DC, CHI, NYC or SFO)
- If your telework duty station is changing (even if the move is just down the street)
- Not required if you are moving to one of our offices (DC, CHI, NYC or SFO)
- If the number of approved trips on your original FTTA is increasing
- If you’re a full-time telework employee and your position changes due to a reassignment, PD change or a promotion
- Full-time telework arrangements will need to be re-submitted in HR Links annually for approval and will need to be updated to account for any significant changes
How to fill out a Full-time Telework Arrangement
Here are step-by-step instructions for completing the FTTA Form and how to submit it in HR Links for Supervisor approval. Please see below for a comprehensive list of when a FTTA is required and for tips on filling it out.
NOTE: All signed Full-time Telework Arrangement Analysis Tools must now be submitted in HR Links for Supervisor approval. TTS Talent will help to gather the signatures and provide the fully signed copy to you so that you can submit in HR Links
Things to note when completing the FTTA
- Supervisors will need to provide a written business justification (Part H of the FTTA form) for all FTTAs whether they provide a cost savings or cost increase
- In the justification include the salaries for the staff member’s current location and the new location. In the Form, the new duty station must always be compared to the DC office but TTS leadership would like to see the difference between the actual current location and the new location.
- Supervisors will need to provide the number of trips an employee will have to make to DC annually and how long those trips will be (do not include billable trips).
- Existing staff FTTAs can just have the city and state listed (noting on the form that the person is asking for approval to move prior to having a new full address); this should be updated in HR Links once the official address has been confirmed
TTS approval signatures required for FTTA
- Your Office’s Assistant Commissioner (Josh, Esther, Angela, Jay, Dom or Bob)
- In Part F, enter name (box 1), title (box 2), and get signature (box 3)
- Assistant Commissioner, Operations (Dominic Sale) this is a TTS requirement
- In Part G, enter name (box 1a), title (box 1b), and get signature (box 1c)
- Director of TTS (Anil Cheriyan)
- In Part G, enter name (box 2a), title (box 2b), and get signature (box 2c)
- Send form to TTSemail@example.com who will be responsible for obtaining the remaining approvals and routing through the GSA process
- Please note - it can take up to 5 days to get all of the TTS signatures
GSA approval of the FTTA
- Talent sends the FTTAs to OCFO
- Roles funded by ASF (Siri Nankin)
- EX: 18F, IT Portfolio, login.gov, cloud.gov
- Roles funded by FSCSF (Sara Twyman)
- EX: OPP, search.gov
- Roles funded by ASF (Siri Nankin)
- Talent sends the FTTAs to the FAS Commissioner’s office (Tricia Sieveke, Karen Link, and Alex Mobeka)
- FAS office sends to HSSO (Alan Thomas)
- FAS office sends to OHRM
- OHRM will upload the FTTA to the Control Document Tracker (CDT) and route to the Office of Administrative Services (OAS) / Exec Secretariat
- OAS/Exec Secretariat will send to the Deputy Administrator
- Please Note: The A-Suite will only be reviewing the documents once a month. OHRM is looking into what date that will be and will share out.
- The package is then returned to OHRM
- OHRM will report status to the requesting organization
- TTS Talent will notify you when the FTTA has been approved and will provide next steps
- Note: Since the recent process change, it has been taking 30-60 days for FTTAs to get approved
Your effective date should be the start of a pay period. Pay period dates can be found on GSA InSite.
A member of the TTS Talent Team will complete a Personnel Action Request (PAR) and submit to OHRM for processing. If a Full-time Telework Agreement is required, the PAR is generated after the FTTA has been filled out and signed by TTS leadership, as directed in the FTTA instructions. Then the PAR and FTTA are submitted to OHRM for processing.
Changes in pay
If you’re changing regions, your pay will change. Look up your new pay here. Find your region under the pay table for the current year, and then find your step and grade. That’s what you’ll be paid in your new location.
Change your address
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm that the TTS Talent Team has created a PAR (Personnel Action Request) for your relocation so that payroll is able to process any pay adjustments in a timely manner.
- After logging into HR Links, ensure you see Employee Self-Service at the top (if you have multiple options, select this one).
- In the upper right corner of your HR Links screen is a compass icon. That is your NavBar. Click that.
- Select Navigator > Self Service > Personal Information > Address Change
- Click edit address, make your change, and submit
- Click submit on main address page and you’ll see a confirmation page pending approval of your address change
Once you submit the request in HR links, please email email@example.com who will confirm your submission went through.
Contact your health insurance, dental insurance, and any other insurances you may have and let them know about your address change. You will also need to verify that your insurance will be valid in your new location or you will need to change it. Contact GSA HR at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Change your Slack location
We’ve started putting our location in parentheses after our names in Slack to make it easier for coworkers to tell where we are. To update it, open your profile, click Edit, and update the letters after your last name.