Office of Products and Programs (aka OPP)
Welcome to OPP’s team page!
Our Mission and Purpose
Our mission is to help the public use and understand government, and help agencies understand and serve the public. To achieve this, we create, discover, connect and share practical solutions and products that transform government.
- We engage agencies where they are as trusted partners; understanding their constraints and helping them adapt to changing public expectations.
- We work government-wide, unconstrained by a single agency mission. This lets us innovate across agency boundaries to help deliver a coherent experience to the public.
- We learn directly from the public about their challenges in getting government information. And using technology and innovative ideas, we help agencies embrace those challenges.
What We Do
We offer cross-government products and programs that help agencies deliver modern services to the public. And we maintain the front door to the federal government via USA.gov, GobiernoUSA.gov, and the USAGov Contact Center.
- 10x: provides start-up funding for new technology projects and products across government
- Api.data.gov: an API management service for agencies
- Challenge.gov: the official site for federal prize and challenge competitions
- CitizenScience.gov: a hub for accelerating crowdsourcing and citizen science across the U.S. government
- Code.gov: a catalog of government developed code
- Communities of Practice: where people in government come together to learn, share and collaborate to build solutions to common problems and challenges
- Data.gov: the home of the U.S. government’s open data
- Digital Analytics Program (DAP): government-wide analytics tracking for agency websites
- DigitalGov: a website that provides resources for agencies to create digital services
- DigitalGov University (DGU): hosts trainings and other events about agencies’ digital efforts.
- Emerging Citizen Technology Office (ECTO): coordinates interagency initiatives that evaluate, test, and develop emerging technologies including artificial intelligence, blockchain, virtual/augmented reality, and social technologies
- Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP): provides a standardized approach to security assessment, authorization, and continuous monitoring for cloud products and services
- Go.USA.gov: a URL shortening service for government agencies
- GobiernoUSA.gov: the “front door” to the federal government, offering government information and services by topic (in Spanish)
- Mobile Testing Program: a compatibility testing service that agencies can use to test their websites for mobile-friendliness
- Search.gov: a service that powers search boxes on agency websites
- U.S. Digital Registry: an inventory of official government social media accounts, mobile websites and apps
- U.S. Web Design System: set of guidelines and code for agencies to create fast, accessible, mobile-friendly websites
- USA.gov: the “front door” to the federal government, offering government information and services by topic (in English)
- USAGov Contact Center: where the public can ask questions about any government agency
- USAGov Partnership Toolkit: how agencies can partner with USAGov for outreach and engagement efforts
Check out our brief history and learn how our work spans nearly 5 decades!
Our Org Structure
To contact a specific project team, please visit the websites listed above.
For TTS Slack users: