TTS Technology Portfolio
The goal of the Tech Portfolio is to oversee/manage/coordinate everything technology-related that cuts across TTS, or anything technology-related that will affect TTS from the outside: particularly security, compliance, infrastructure, and tech policy. The Technology Portfolio team is new as of July 2019, though is the evolution of 18F/TTS Infrastructure.
Rather than trying to exert control over everything technology at TTS, we focus instead on protecting, streamlining, and enabling our staff and systems, and doing so in an empathetic, transparent way.
We also do things like:
- Serve as the primary liaison between GSA IT and TTS, ensuring high levels of service, finding compromise, and generally keeping a good relationship between the teams
- Represent TTS on the FAS Systems Governance Committee (FSGC), i.e. vote on what technology projects get money from the Acquisition Services Fund (ASF)
- Assist in authorization of TTS systems to get their ATOs, improving that process along the way
- Find where we may be duplicating effort or have gaps around technology, and if those are opportunities for TTS/GSA/government-wide shared services
- We manage and support hardware and software approvals, procurements, and users/licenses for TTS
- This is done in collaboration with Acquisition, Finance, and GSA IT
- Make sure we are making the most of the data we collect and create, to make for better decisions within TTS and for our partners
- Manage major TTS infrastructure and programs such as Bug Bounty, AWS, New Relic, Twilio, etc.
- Advise TTS leadership on technology-related matters
- Generally support TTS on any technology-related matters
- The Tech Portfolio Kanban board - what we’re working on
- Before You Ship - TTS’s internal documentation about security, compliance, and infrastructure
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) in use at TTS
- More internal documentation