We use text editors to write documentation in Markdown and to develop code.
Editors you may like
- Vim: Installed on OS X and Linux by default. Also available on OS X via Homebrew.
- Emacs: Installed on OS X and Linux by default. Also available on OS X via Homebrew
- Sublime Text: This is a paid app, but we have licenses. If you use Sublime, you may wish to customize your packages. Feel free to ask others about their recommended packages. Notable mentions in past Slack discussions include:
- Color Highlighter (turns color codes into the actual color)
- DocBlockr (generates clean comment blocks based on active language)
- Emmet (simplify writing HTML - expands CSS selectors into HTML)
- GitGutter (monitors file changes in the left margin)
- Random Everything (easily generate random strings)
- SideBarEnhancements (provides better right-click options in file tree)
- Better CoffeeScript
- Markdown Preview